cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM User webpage

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I have a CCM Cluster with 4 servers. Very much interested in knowing, what do you all provide as the CCM User web page to end users. In the past, i have given the Publisher's URL to end users for the CCM User webpage. Do you usually give out to end users the subscriber's address or publisher's address in the URL ?

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
5 Replies 5

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

We wanted to protect our voice servers from any potential DoS attacks, so we installed a reverse proxy. Users connect to the reverse proxy and the proxy communicates to the publisher.

The proxy also allows you to limit what a user can access. If you allow direct access, they can access any webpage on the publisher, like ccmadmin or the corporate directory or the tomcat admin page. Granted they have to know the URL, but it's not like those aren't published on the web.

I've looked at the IIS settings, and it is possible to limit access to IP address to specific web pages, but it's ugly.

I set up a DNS name to hit the publisher. So instead of giving out http://172.10.10.1/ccmuser, we created www.myiphone.company.com/ccmuser This then helps the user remembering the site, etc.

tcat,

thats how i have set it up right now. I am thinking of setting up a loadbalancer to resolve the dns name to multiple addresses round robin.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I dont see a problem with that. I think though, but I cant find the document, cisco recommends it be on the publisher for the use of CCMuser. Even though it works off subscribers, there is more of a delay if the user logs into ccm on the subscriber, makes changes and expects something to happen. The subscriber wont make the change until it replicates to the publisher database.

I could be completely off and need more coffee this morning as well....

Wont hurt though to try and test it out.

Hello

I think u should give them only the IP address of the Publisher is it the only server that is allowed to change the configuration.

I have been faced with a smilliar problem. you can setup DNS service on all callmanagers and then make an entry for a name "say callmanager" with IP address equal to the IP address of the server youa are on. so when a DNS request sent to server 1 with the name Callmanager it will reply with its IP address and so on for the other server. ofcourse you have to configure the clinets PCs with the new DNS servers (you can add it to the already configured servers). hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: