cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

831 VPN Server

edyoung01
Level 1
Level 1

Can establish the VPN between EZ Vpn client software and the 831 router. I can ping the inside interface (e0) but I can't ping any inside hosts.

3 Replies 3

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the default gateway for the inside hosts? There is a possibililty that those hosts have a default route going somewhere else and don't have a route for the remote subnet pointing to the router.

HTH,

*Please rate if it helps.

Regards,

Kamal

I am using VPN client 4.8 to initiate the VPN to the 831 router to get to my main office. The workstation gets an ip address from the 831, however, I noticed that the default gateway the the workstaion has is its own ip address. I can't ping from that outside workstation to my inside workstations. I can ping the inside interface.

Need to check the NAtting on the router, as I mentioned earlier. Please make sure the VPN traffic is exempted from NAT .

Also, make sure if there's any L3 device in between the Lan and the router's inside intf, there should be appropriate routs on it for vpn pool n/w.

If there's no L3 device, then check the default gateway of the inside hosts, it should point to router's inside.

*Please rate if helped.

-Kanishka

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: