cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH Volume in CCME

mpitts
Level 1
Level 1

I have two customers who have complained about the MoH volume in CCME being too loud using the default "music-on-hold.au" file.

The documentation says the file can be edited to lower the volume but I'm not much of an audiophile and not sure what application I would need to edit this file.

If you know of something that will (or should) work please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

4 Replies 4

subgenius
Level 1
Level 1

I've had good luck using Audacity, but you need to make sure you keep the format right, or you'll wind up with chipmunks-on-hold (from experience :) ). You can easily adjust the gain (volume), EQ, and insert your own custom hold messages.

audacity.sourceforge.net

Thanks for the tip.

I downloaded Audacity, and it seems to work out fine on my PC, but I'm not sure what to export it as. I would guess that .wav format would work in CME.

Audacity saves it with a .aup extension unless you do it as an export, which likely wouldn't fly in CME.

Mike

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Here is the format for the Music file;

A music file must be in stored in the router's Flash memory. This file should be in G.711 format. The file can be in .au or .wav file format, but the file format must contain 8-bit 8-kHz data; for example, Consultative Committee for International Telegraph and Telephone (CCITT) a-law or mu-law data format.

From this CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080181305.html#wp2175028

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I've seen the information on formatting, etc. All I've done is knock the levels down. As far as I can tell for now nothing else changed.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: