cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works Physical Discrepancy Reports

v-yelmene
Level 1
Level 1

how do I clear out the old Physical Discrepancies from the Report?

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way is to fix the discrepancy in the network then run a new Campus Data Collection. If after doing that the discrepancy is still present, this may point to a Campus or device bug.

If you want to disable a discrepancy from ever being reported for any device, go to Campus Manager > Administration > Network Discrepancies > Configure, and disable those that you do not care about.

The next release of Campus Manager (with LMS 3.0) will offer a way to manually clear discrepancies from the GUI.

Physical Discrepancy keeps reporting trunk mismatch between switches and Wireless Access Points. It should treat the Wirelss AP's like routers, not switches?

Actually, Campus Manager treats an AP more like a switch than a router. Since the APs can trunk to switches, this discrepancy could be valid. What is the full text of the discrepancy?

The AP is configured with FastE subinterfaces and no trunking.

This link has ports with mismatching trunk/nontrunk states.

Port FastEthernet0 on device iarc4-1200-2 nontrunk

Port GigabitEthernet6/44 on device iarc4-4510-1 trunk

Check the switchport configuration, and make sure trunking is set to off:

switchport mode access

but we are trunking more than 1 vlan. Will this not break the trunk?

Yes it will. So you need to enable trunking on the AP (since you want to trunk multiple VLANs), then re-run a Campus Data Collection. In this case, it sounds like the discrepancy is valid.

I'm not sure how to enable trunking on the AP side. It acts like a router in that it doesn't offer trunking mode.

Trunking is done under the subinterfaces. You create a subinterface, then set the encapsulation to dot1q with a VLAN ID, then place the interfaces in a bridge-group. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665ceb.shtml#native for more details.

However, I did some more digging, and found that the APs are not instrumented for trunking in terms of SNMP. Therefore, Campus cannot determine that the FastEthernet interface is trunking, and reports the false positive discrepancy.

As I said earlier, the next release of Campus Manager (5.0) will allow you to filter these discrepancies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco