cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Timing for Vista compliant VPN

aspringman
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please tell me when you expect to have a full version (not beta)Cisco VPN that is compliant with MS Vista?

13 Replies 13

sperier
Level 1
Level 1

If anobody can answer ? Or TAC ?

Tx.

Tentative - March end, I believe.

Thanks

Gilbert

How is this coming along? Do you expect to have a compliant version this month end? If not, can you give me a tenative date?

When I clicked on the link you provided, the download page says, There are currently no files for this type.

What is the best way for me to get this new client?

Are you still having problems to get the new client.

See the downloads section on CCO and get to the VPN client. you will see the Vista client.

Gilbert

Can you please give me the URL for CCO? I'm not familiar with this.

CCO is Cisco Connection Online (www.cisco.com)

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/

Click on the VPN software and choose the VPN client software.

Cheers

Gilbert

So sorry, but I am unable to log into this page. I even had my pw reset. The login screen keeps poping up.

Is your login userid tied to a contract?

Do you have export encryption software access?

If you have problems accessing the web-page its either one of the two.

Please enter your problem over here and they will be able to help you out.

Cheers

Gilbert

http://www.cisco.com/web/siteassets/contacts/support.html

Many thanks!

On Vista:

- still no personal firewall or firewall check

- no 64-bit support

Cisco continues to have their head in the sand.

I have two recommendations:

- contact your account team and ask for proper Vista support

- select another vendor for VPN if you consider Microsoft Vista as a client

Version 5.0.00.0340 of the VPN client has a readme with a link to open caveat CSCsi26086 "Upgrading from XP to Vista not supported."

This is pretty much a show stopper; if people who upgrade from an XP install with our mandated antivirus/firewall on it won't be able to get the VPN to work on the Vista box, that affects a significant portion of our client base.

It sounds like there won't be an easy fix for this, but Cisco does need to do /something/ to address the situation, either a list of supported and known faulty legacy software, or some other means of allowing the use of their VPN client on Vista.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: