cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2-Server Cluster for CCM 4.1(3)

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I I were to design a cluster with only (2) Servers, one being MCS 7845, and the other one being MCS 7835 what would be the recommendation in terms of:

Should Publisher be 7845 or

Should Susbscriber be 7845.

Customer already had existing 7835, and did not want to purchase an additional hardware so they only purchased (1) 7845.

I would go with 7845 be subscriber as it will take most of the load being a primary Call Manager.

This cluster will support (3) remote locations as well as the local site.

Any feedback?

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I would concur. Especially if you are going to make the subscriber the TFTP server, it needs more horsepower.

The 7835 will take a little longer to do backups, but it shouldn't be that much longer.

Also, you have to consider CAR/ART as well. Depending on the size of your disks, you might run out of space.

On the otherside, it's a lot easier to upgrade a subscriber than it is a publisher. Simply add another subscriber and remove the other one. If you ever want to upgrade your publisher hardware, then you have to take it down and restore from backup.

How many total phones?

With current installation, it will need to support up to 80 IP Phones.

Tough call. Is one older than the other and will likely be end of life sooner? If so, I would make the one that is more likely to be EOL'ed sooner the subscriber. Just to make the upgrade process easier.

Also if you are thinking of upgrading to v5 or v6, make sure the publisher hardware is supported.

It is always the best option to have the Publisher on the latest hardware along with giving it more power. So when u go through upgrades in future, you dont have to worry about migrating data from one server to another and wit the subscriber, it is not hard to remove a old subscriber and add a new server.

With 80 phones, 7935 should not have any problem handling the load

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: