cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2(1) CUICA Commserver Installer Error

vmarinelli
Level 1
Level 1

In CUICA, after Step 1 in completing the installation of the Unity program files, a prompt was never received for the option to "Yes, I want to Restart My Computer Now". The CUICA does not proceed to Step 2 for the Installation of the Unity License and I have the option to install the Unity application again. No error prompt is displayed nor are any errors located in the Event log files. After a second installation with the same outcome, rebooting the server and logging in gave an error message of "Commserver Installer encountered a problem" and the details indicate Install.exe to be the executable with the error. Searches for similiar errors have not been found. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

8 Replies 8

vmarinelli
Level 1
Level 1

Screenshot attached

vmarinelli
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved.

How did you solve?

How did you resolve ? I have the same exact problem I have reinstalled more than 8 times I still have the same problem.Please tell us how did you resolved it?

Same problem. Anyone resolve this?

Yes and No..We thought it might be a MS problem so reinstall from scratch installed OS Win2003 but didn't install any patches from MS directly just installed SP 1 and critical patches from Cisco SP CD's and then installed Unity without any errors.

We are still not sure it is MS problem but it did resolved our problem.

Thanks for the reply. The engineer said he ran MS updates from the website, which i think is what cause Unity to stop loading. They are going to reload the platform disc this morning and start over. I had warned them not to run Windows Updates, only the cisco package from CCO is needed. SP2 for 2003 should be fine. I think there is something on the Windows Updates that stops this install.

Thanks for the reply!

You are welcome.. so this confirms we have issue with MS updates.Good to know..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: