Replies

MPLS VPN with Metro3750

pucko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I?m trying to establish a point to point MPLS VPN between 2 Metro 3750 switches

(c3750me-i5-mz.122-35.SE2.bin).

Both switches has the exact same basic config and all looks fine, ISIS is up, BGP is up, LDP is up.

All routes are where they are supposed to be as are all the lables. If I configure

a loopback i each of the boxes in the same vrf they are not able to ping each other.

If I take one of the Metro 3750 and move the config from the other to a 6500 and

connect them all works just fine.

Is there any limitations in the Metro 3750 that could be the problem ?

Regards

Jonas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you do a debug ip icmp, do the pings arrive at the switch, showing the correct source address? Does this work going *through* the switches, rather than *to* the switches?

I don't have access to my lab at the moment. Later this week I can try. I honestly don't remember whether I tried going to/from the loopbacks. I have run MPLS VPN/MVPN/CSC etc. all successfully.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

richard.ingram
Level 1
Level 1

Did you use the VRF keyword in the ping command?

ping vrf xyz 1.2.3.4

How about "redistribute connected" in the VRF address-family?

Best regards,

Rich

Yes on both, i have attached the config and some output.

Jonas

What about source interface? If that's the full MPLS forwarding table output, I don't see 2.2.2.0/24 in the mpls table on router1 or 3.3.3.0/24 in the mpls table on router2. If ping is picking that for the source, maybe that's the problem. You could try specifying lo99 as the source of the ping.

Sorry for harping on the simple things like this, but I'm surprised that this isn't working. We have several 3750MEs and I've run MPLS on them with no problems. We're running 12.2(25)SEG.

Best regards,

Rich

It?s the same even if i use lo99 as source. I will try 12.2(25)SEG.

Router 1

Borlange-MPLS#ping

Protocol [ip]:

Target IP address: 172.22.22.22

Repeat count [5]:

Datagram size [100]:

Timeout in seconds [2]:

Extended commands [n]: y

Source address or interface: 172.22.33.33

Type of service [0]:

Set DF bit in IP header? [no]:

Validate reply data? [no]:

Data pattern [0xABCD]:

Loose, Strict, Record, Timestamp, Verbose[none]:

Sweep range of sizes [n]:

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 172.22.22.22, timeout is 2 seconds:

Packet sent with a source address of 172.22.33.33

Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

Jonas

No luck with 12.2(25)SEG either....

Jonas

If you do a debug ip icmp, do the pings arrive at the switch, showing the correct source address? Does this work going *through* the switches, rather than *to* the switches?

I don't have access to my lab at the moment. Later this week I can try. I honestly don't remember whether I tried going to/from the loopbacks. I have run MPLS VPN/MVPN/CSC etc. all successfully.

Best regards,

Rich

Thanks a million !

You put me on the right track. It seems that it?s not possible to just use loopback if:s.

When I made a vlan interface in the same vrf in each switch it all worked fine.

Now it?s also possible to ping between lo interfaces.....Nice "feature".

Jonas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: