cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get CCM publisher alerts

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I want to get CCM alarms by e-mail when an event occurs to anticipate all majority problems that can occurs.

Anybody can help me?.

I use CCM 4.1.

14 Replies 14

rajeshsethu
Level 1
Level 1

You can install CA agent on CCM and configure them for getting alerts to your mailbox.

What is CA agent?.

Thanks.

I am using RTMT but alerts via e-mail doesn't works.

I revised all configuration in RTMT in Alert menu>Config Email Server and it is all ok.

After I configure alerts in Alert central but it doesn't works.

I make ping to my e-mail server and this ping send OK request.

Can anybody help me?.

Do you know what is CA agent?.

CA Agent has nothing to do with what you want.

RTMT should work.

which CCM version are you using? did you install the RTMT on your workstation? try using IP Address instead of Hostname of your Email Server. Go to RTMT and check the last alert you got then go to your Callmanager and check the Eventviewer.

I am using CCM 4.1(3)sr1.

I installed RTMT in my workstation.

I tried to use name server and ip server in RTMT and it doesn't works.

Did you set the Profile and added an Email address??

Do the Following:

Open RTMT->Tools-> Right Click on one of the Alerts->Set Alerts Proprities-> Next Next..you ll see Email Notification-> Click Configure->Edit and Ensure that you put the Right Recipient Email Address.

Also Check you Antivir of your Email Server/Eventviewer maybe he s droping smtp(Port:25)packets.

HTH

All that configurations you say it is OK.

I tested a telnet connection to my e-mail server from port 25 from publisher and connection is made.

I don't understand anything.

Which Cisco OS version are you using? start->cisco Version. Do you get any Eventviewer Errors on you CCM Publisher?

I attacht the output of MCS version utility.

I have this error repeated a lot of times in the application log in event viewer:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco Desktop Enterprise Server

Event Category: None

Event ID: 5

Date: 3/12/2007

Time: 1:17:22 PM

User: N/A

Computer: Publisher

Description:

SS1002 Failed to setup monitor. Exiting

What OS version are you using? Our CallManager originally had OS 2000.2.7 and we had the same problem, RTMT wouldn't send email. It turns out OS 2000.2.7 had Outlook Express stripped out of it. RTMT needs Outlook Express to send the email alerts.

I believe OS 2000.4.4a will re-install Outlook Express, or you can download the Outlook Express installer from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

Look for the file win-K9-ReinstallIE6sp1.exe

Please rate helpful posts. Thanks!

It is a interesting solution.

Do you know if this update instalation request to restart CCM server?.

Nowadays, I can't restart CCM server.

I've another dude. I have installed RTMT in a client pc with Windows XP and it doesn't works too. In this client Outlook is installed and I can reach e-mail server and CCM without problems.

Hi, did you resolve this issue, I have the same problem;

I had installed CA in my publisher.

I made clic on it and no window is showed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: