Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronization problem betwenn CCM and IP ICD

florencethomas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a CRS 3.5 working with a CCM 4.1.3.

when I delete a user, who have a phone with an ICD extension associate, in the DC directory on the CCM, he still appeared in ressources in the ICD....

On the call manager I also delete the phone with the ICD extension.

It seems that there is a "synchronization" pb between the CCM and the ICD.

Is there a way to re-initialise the synchronisation between the CCM and the ICD?.

Thanks for your help.

6 Replies 6

Florence,

VNC or RDP to the IPCC server. Launch the Desktop Administrator application (Programs->Cisco->Desktop->Desktop Administrator). Left click on the IPCC server in the left pane under locations. Click on Setup at the top and then select Synchronize Directory Services. This should clear up that issue. Let us know if you get any errors.

If Desktop administrator isn't installed(don't believe it's default on 3.5) then install it from the IPCC AppAdmin plugins page.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred

thanks for your help.

I done what you tell me.

When I sync directory services with the desktop admi I have the message "at least one error occured during synchronization process".

in the trace file on the ICD I have the following error.

"SS3024 Syn Server failed to get device information, return error , try config file".

I checked the config between the CCM and the ICD (jtapi user, rm user and so on) all seems correct.

I also verify the password used for the connection to the DC directory by the ICD, all seems correct...but this not working.

The last thing I have is the JTAPI subsystem on the ICD wich is "partial in service", I found some documents about this kind of error, and I checked all theys mentionned but I did not find the cause of this issue ofr the moment.

Best regards.

Florence

Florence,

You could have JTAPI subsystem in 'Partial Service' because you have associated a script with any mistake to an application. Try to review the scripts.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Florence,

The JTAPI subsystem needs to be online for a user to be deleted. I have verified this in the lab. Essentially IPCC shadows your CCM database and LDAP with a sync. I thought they were all handled by the RMCM JTAPI process but it looks like the CCM sync also requires the primary JTAPI online. In my lab I broke my JTAPI connection and no longer could receive updates to my resources. I could receive an IAQExtension change but I assume this is because IPCC is sync with LDAP direct.

At this point please post your IPCC log file for the JTAPI subsystem. If possible restart the CRS Engine and then grab the log. Additionally you might want to open a TAC case if this is critical.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred

at the end we performed a new installation of the CRS software (without reinstallating the OS and without removing the old instal of ICD and it solved our problem of synchronisation.

Thanks for your help.

Bests rgrds.

Florence

Hi all,

I have an IPCC 3.5 an the same error

"SS3024 Syn Server failed to get device information, return error , try config file".

but in my case JTAPI subsystem is in service....someone can help me?

Regards