Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Control call on Route address with jtapi

Hi,

i have a Callmanager and i created a route point(not via jtapi) so that any call goes to this route point gets redirected to a phone outside of callmanager.

I want to place a call(from a phone outside of callmanager) to the Callmanager routepoint and with jtapi to manage this routepoint so that after a while to drop the call.

Can i control the call with jtapi after the call was answered by the phone outside of callmanager.If not ,is there a way that i can do it?

When i add a callobserver to the routepoint i do not get any event about the call.The route point must be created with jtapi so that i can get events?

thank you

2 Replies 2

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

CTI Route Point does not control the call. It is only used to work like a Pilot point. You need to route the call to a CTI Port from the RP and then use the JTAPI 3rd Party software to control the call. Also, this 3rd party JTAPI s/w needs to authenticate with CallManager to do the control.

Are you trying to design a new s/w or using a 3rd party software which uses JTAPI to control the call ??

hi,

I am writing a s/w that controls calls that come from phones outside of Callmanager to a Route point and get Redirected to phones outside Callmanager.

If i route the call to a CTI port (which i have created with callmanager and registered with my jtapi program) do i have to conference the call after i answer it at the CTI port so that i can control the call (by using a callObserver)and drop it after some time?

Is there another way to do it without conferencing the call?

Is it risky for my server and the resources if

i have to handle 5 or more CTI ports.(I am planning to run the program at the server where Callmanager runs)

thank you in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: