I am about to merge three small Catalyst 3750 stacks (1, 3 and 4 switches), and want to avoid losing the interfaces configuration. Will this procedure work for me:
1. Renumber all switches to give them unique numbers 1-8.
2. Set the priority to 1 on all switches except the intended future stack master.
3. Set the priority to a higher value on the intended future stack master.
4. Do 'switch provision' for all switches on the master stack.
5. Transfer the interface configurations from all switches to the provisioned switches on the master stack.
6. Power down all switches except the master stack switches, connect the stacks together and power up again.
Thanks for any feedback on this,