cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.1 Dongle - Can this be removed

r.stockton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Customer with a Unity 3.1 Server still in production. The requirements are to build a 3.1 server on a new box, place this box in production and upgrade to 4.x in a couple of weeks.

In building the new server, can I remove the dongle from the live server for a couple of days and use it on the new server as it gets built.

The reason for all this is that I'm doing the same w/their callmanagers and the customer would like to see this fully functioning off-line before implementation.

So, can the live 3.1 box run without the dongle that I need to install 3.1 on the new server?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Thanks,

Trouble is, when I select "install Unity w/Demo Licence settigs", the "Install Unity" check box is greyed out and only the "Install voice card software" check box is enabled.

-Robert

All versions of Unity back to 2.x could install without a dongle - if the setup is not allowing an install then it's probably detecting a version already installed on that box or a previous install that was not fully removed. You should always be able to install a 2 port Unity server - it'll have limited capabilities (limited record time, limited number of users) but should run regardless.

Ok, I got it. I downloaded and applied MSDE SP3 and downloaded Cisco Unity 3.1(3) (CDs I have are 3.1(1)).

This allowed me to select "Install Unity" checkbox instead of just the "Install Voice Card" option.

I chose the demo licence which should be good enough for the next couple of days until I get onsite and grab the actual dongle.

Customer will run w/the dongle for a week or so until we can intall Exchange Server and upgrade Unity to 4.x Unified Messenging

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: