redistribution of static routes into EIGRP

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2007

Hi all,

I got few questions regarding redistribution of static routes into EIGRP:

1 - Can I use sequenced access list with route-map to control which routes are being redistributed? For example, would following config stop any route towards being redistributed:

ip access-list standard filter-static

10 deny static

100 permit any

route-map STATIC permit 10

match ip address filter-static

router eigrp 100

redistribute static route-map STATIC

2- In config example 1 (if it works) if I update access list "filter-static" would I need to re-create route-map "STATIC" and/or to reapply it to eigrp process static redistribution or it will be updated dynamically?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
royalblues Fri, 03/09/2007 - 11:12

The configurations would be updated dynamically if the access-lists are modified.

The access-list however use a inverse mask and hence it should be

Access-list 10 deny

access-list 10 permit any

I have this setup in my network and i keep adding the access list statements w/o resetting the EIGRP.

Your Configuration shoulf work fine

HTH, rate if it does

sasaadamovic Mon, 03/12/2007 - 02:20

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for your reply.

However, my question was more specifically regarding sequenced access-list, while in your exaple you are using standard access-list. So far, on internet or in any of the books I have, I did not find a single example using sequenced access-list with route-map.

And, yes, you are right regarding the mask, I ment to inverse and for some strange reason put totali wrong mask :( - I hope my brain will be switched on, when I do this on my production router.

royalblues Mon, 03/12/2007 - 06:41

It would work fine. If your code supports ACL sequence numbering then there is no problem.

Support for the same started from 12.2(14)S

All a route-map does is just refernce the access-list

HTH, rate if it does

This Discussion