Helpful
Replies

redistribution of static routes into EIGRP

sasaadamovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got few questions regarding redistribution of static routes into EIGRP:

1 - Can I use sequenced access list with route-map to control which routes are being redistributed? For example, would following config stop any route towards 10.0.0.0/8 being redistributed:

ip access-list standard filter-static

10 deny static 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

100 permit any

route-map STATIC permit 10

match ip address filter-static

router eigrp 100

redistribute static route-map STATIC

2- In config example 1 (if it works) if I update access list "filter-static" would I need to re-create route-map "STATIC" and/or to reapply it to eigrp process static redistribution or it will be updated dynamically?

Thanks,

Sasa

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Sasa,

The configurations would be updated dynamically if the access-lists are modified.

The access-list however use a inverse mask and hence it should be

Access-list 10 deny 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

access-list 10 permit any

I have this setup in my network and i keep adding the access list statements w/o resetting the EIGRP.

Your Configuration shoulf work fine

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for your reply.

However, my question was more specifically regarding sequenced access-list, while in your exaple you are using standard access-list. So far, on internet or in any of the books I have, I did not find a single example using sequenced access-list with route-map.

And, yes, you are right regarding the mask, I ment to inverse 255.0.0.0 and for some strange reason put totali wrong mask :( - I hope my brain will be switched on, when I do this on my production router.

Thanks,

Sasa

Sasa,

It would work fine. If your code supports ACL sequence numbering then there is no problem.

Support for the same started from 12.2(14)S

All a route-map does is just refernce the access-list

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Great, this is answer I was looking for.

Thanks,

Sasa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card