Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF routing issue

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

We have siteA and SiteB, siteB acting as a redundant data

ceter. We have MPLS connection to our remote sites from both location.We also have a dedicated DS3 connection from SiteA and SiteB to our West coast site. In order to do a failover, I shut down MPLS from Site A and desired Site A to learn routes via siteB, but this didn't happen. SiteA actualy started learning routes via west coast location which brought my utilization upto 90%.

I remember in RIB you can specify an offset-list 0 but what can be done in OSPF, please advice.

Thans.

3 Replies 3

rais
Level 7
Level 7

If MPLS is down at A, the only connection that remains there is ds3. This means A connects to B via West Coast now. Isn't this behavior normal then? Did I miss anything?

Thanks.

I think I missed some information.

westcoastDS3 and ATTMPLS on siteA WAN router which connects to siteA core and site A core connects to siteB core via dark fiber and siteB core connects to siteBWAN-- where I have ATT MPLS connection and Westcoast DS3. Hope this helps. In this case. All the core routers are Cisco 6500 with SUP720s and wan rotuers are 6500 with sup1a.

In that case, I believe you have ospf adjacency on the fiber link as well. You may have to adjust bandwidth/ospf-cost on your ds3 or fiber link so that cost is lower on fiber link.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card