cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA Failure on both Assistant and Manager

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

CM 4.1(3). I used the wizard to configure one manager and one assistant. I changed the templates on the phones and changed the softkey templates. I then subscribed each phone to the service.

On both phones, when I use the services button to "use" the service, I get the following error message "A system failure was found. Please contact your system administrator"

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try going to http:///manager/list and stopping/starting the IPMA application

Brandon

Brandon -

Thanks for you reply, but no good. I restarted the app as you suggested with no changes. I have also restrated TomCat several times with no changes.

Jeff

Jeff,

Does the Control Center show IPMA as Activated? Also, check the URL in the IP phone service. It should be:

http:///ma/servlet/MAService?cmd=doPhoneService&Name=#DEVICENAME#

This URL is case sensitive, so check captitalization as well.

Brandon

Brandon -

Yes, on the control center activation. I have opened up a TAC case (Im on the phone with him now as I type this). I assumed that the wizard would make all the ncessary config changes for me. Nope. It does not set any of the service parameters. After I set the parameters and restarted Tomcat, my manager phone is now working, but my assistant is not. The error message that comes up when I request the service is "IPMA is not supported on this device". Its a 7960 and yes - the assistant is already associated to the route point and to the phone used for IPMA

Hi Jeffrey,

Only the manager needs the IPMA service on the phone.

The assistant should be using the IPMA assistant application to interact with IPMA.

Cheers,

Tim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: