cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSPFARM Profiles

JHaynes4
Level 1
Level 1

Is it necessary to configure dspfarm profiles for the dsp's, or can you just use the commands "dspfarm transcoder maximum sessions" and "dspfarm confbridge maximum sessions" to set how you would like the dsp's to be allocated?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

With PVDM2, the associate profile cannot does not have to use MTP for XCODE. As per the Command Ref Guide, the name can be diff, so you can use something like XCODE. Check associate profile command in Command Ref Guide http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_a1.htm#wp1607643

View solution in original post

The same thing works for transcoder, here are the stesps that you need to follow:

1.- Make sure to put the 'dsp services dspfarm' command on the voice-card that is being used:

AVVID2(config)#voice-card 1

AVVID2(config-voicecard)#dsp services dspfarm

on a show run you should see something like this:

voice-card 1

dsp services dspfarm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.- Configure the interface that is going to talk using skinny protocol with the CCM server:

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp local FastEthernet0/0

Enable sccp in the router:

AVVID2(config)#sccp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.- Point the router to talk sccp with the CCM server

sccp ccm identifier version

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm 192.168.4.10 identifier 27 version 3.3

4.- Create a sccp group:

You will associate this group to the identifier from step 3 and will assign a priority to the group.

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm group 27

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate ccm 27 priority 1

5.- Create a dspfarm profile:

In here you will specify if its going to be a conference, transcoder or mtp:

AVVID2(config)#dspfarm profile 27 conference

Then you will associate the profile to the skinny application:

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#associate application sccp

Enable the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#no shutdown

6.- Associate the ccm group to the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate profile 27 register CFBMAC

Note: CFBMAC is a name that you gave to the HCB and MUST be the same as in the CCM server

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

James,

This depends on the PVDM type that you have. The older PVDM-12 dsps with the NM-HDV use the commands without the profiles. The newer PVDM2 dsps with HDV2 modules use the profiles.

Here is the link for the document on how to configure this.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/ccm_c/intcnf2.htm

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You have to configure the profile on IOS 12.3 onwards and esp if you are using PVDM2 (To know if this you are using PVDM or PVDM2, use the command "show diag | begin PVDM", this should list the part number". For older PVDM you will not configure dspfarm profile.

Incase this does not answer your question, please let me know the PVDM you have along with the IOS version.

I'm using PVDM2's. I have the three motherboard slots on a 2821 filled with two PVDM2-64's and one PVDM2-32 and I'm running 12.4.3. So I guess that answers that question.

One more thing when I configure the transcoder in CCM I'm using Cisco IOS Enhanced MTP but what do you use as a device name? I've seen examples for a conference bridge and an MTP where you use CFB(mac address), or MTP(mac address), but nothing for a trancoder.

With PVDM2, the associate profile cannot does not have to use MTP for XCODE. As per the Command Ref Guide, the name can be diff, so you can use something like XCODE. Check associate profile command in Command Ref Guide http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_a1.htm#wp1607643

The same thing works for transcoder, here are the stesps that you need to follow:

1.- Make sure to put the 'dsp services dspfarm' command on the voice-card that is being used:

AVVID2(config)#voice-card 1

AVVID2(config-voicecard)#dsp services dspfarm

on a show run you should see something like this:

voice-card 1

dsp services dspfarm

2.- Configure the interface that is going to talk using skinny protocol with the CCM server:

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp local FastEthernet0/0

Enable sccp in the router:

AVVID2(config)#sccp

3.- Point the router to talk sccp with the CCM server

sccp ccm identifier version

for example:

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm 192.168.4.10 identifier 27 version 3.3

4.- Create a sccp group:

You will associate this group to the identifier from step 3 and will assign a priority to the group.

AVVID2(config)#sccp ccm group 27

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate ccm 27 priority 1

5.- Create a dspfarm profile:

In here you will specify if its going to be a conference, transcoder or mtp:

AVVID2(config)#dspfarm profile 27 conference

Then you will associate the profile to the skinny application:

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#associate application sccp

Enable the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-dspfarm-profile)#no shutdown

6.- Associate the ccm group to the dspfarm profile

AVVID2(config-sccp-ccm)#associate profile 27 register CFBMAC

Note: CFBMAC is a name that you gave to the HCB and MUST be the same as in the CCM server

Thanks all for the help. This clears up alot of questions I had.

Hi,

Can you please tell me what are the configuration parameters i need to enter to enable DSP farm:

We are using 3845 Router as Gateway. we are using NM-HDV module for conferencing and this module has two PVDM-12 SIMM's. Presently we configured one Transcoder session and 5 Conference session. We want to increase the number of conference sessions.

Is it possible to put PVDM2-64 DSP's on onboard DSP slot and can it be configured for conference, in place of using NM-HDV for conferencing!!!!

If yes, please let me know configuration on Router & CallManager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: