cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIDs on analog ports w/CM4.1

Warren Swingle
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 2800 GW that will be used in a CM4.1 system. The telco lines will be analog and have DIDs incoming. I'm assuming that means I'll need the FXS/DID VIC's for the 2800. Is there any VIC cards that will support outgoing along with incoming calls in CM4.1? I know that the FXS/DID's do not support outgoing calls. Is there a card that will support both, without having to add FXO's to the GW?

Thanks!!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's the the DID lines themselves that don't support outgoing. Ask your telco for confirmation. If you could get digital lines that will do your design much easier.

The telco does have combo lines that support DID and outgoing. However, seems that I'm limited by the analog cards used by the Cisco gateway. According specs on FXO and FSX/DID vic's FXO does not support DID and FXS/DID do not support outgoing to the PSTN. You would think there Cisco would have a analog VIC that supports DID and outgoing on the same card. Can't find any references to that type of card. Anyone know of a solution that will work?

A PRI would save me some headaches...

Thanks!

Then these combo lines are more like E&M on two wires. Ask telco for signaling details, but the E&M VIC should work.

PRI does not only saves headaches, but delivers solid services first. Ask for BRI too, if is not too exotic on that exchange.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: