cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF E1,E2 and N1,N2?

imran_mcse
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that E for External AS routes and N for NSSA External routes?

But can anyone explain difference between E1 and E2, also same in N1 and N2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes my dear friend... N1 and N2 are having same cost criteria as E1 and E2 have... but N1 and N2 both are in NSSA...

regards

Devang

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Thanks for your reply. I got E1 and E2, but what about N1 and N2. These are also same concept or something else?

Dear Devang its good article I read it. But it is still not giving a clear view of difference between N1 and N2.

yes my dear friend... N1 and N2 are having same cost criteria as E1 and E2 have... but N1 and N2 both are in NSSA...

regards

Devang

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

OSPF E1 and E2 routes are routes redistributed to OSPF process. Routes are redistributed in OSPF as either type 1 (E1) routes or type 2 (E2) routes, with type 2 being the default. A type 1 route has a metric that is the sum of the internal OSPF cost and the external redistributed cost. A type 2 route has a metric equal only to the redistributed cost

Difference between E1 and E2 OSPF routes

http://www.networknewz.com/networknewz-10-20051114OSPFE1E2Routes.html

yes normally ABR router send the route learn from the external area to the local area... so when you are using the route with E2 then its indicating the cost of the destination from the ABR router but not from the internal router of the local area... but when you have E1 then update of the external route include the cost of the internal router to the ABR router as well as (or addition) the cost of the path from ABR router to the Destination route...

regards

Devang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: