Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 causing Nokia E series phones to reboot

alitster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a number of Nokia E series phones that we're trying to get to work with a 1231 access point for SIP. On occasions it will associate but generally when we try to join the phone to the SSID it will crash and reboot. The AP is running c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA. It's configured with both voice and data VLANs. Is this a know issue with Aironets? Is there any way I can figure out what?s going on?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Interference plays a big role.Try changing the channel number on access points.Try changing the speed on the access point to lowest possible.

I've tried doing that, it was one of the first things I did but it doesn't improve things. Strange thing is it seems to work fine with another AP(Ruckus). It's located in an office where there are other AP's in use, ones I don't have control over.

Are there any Cisco specific options you need to enable/disable to make it more reliable?

Thanks,

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card