cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge mode a Netopia 3347NWG and Configure a ASA 5505 Security Plus

onwiredweb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have DSL server with BellSouth and I also just purchased a Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus Appliance. I am interested in configuring the Netopia to be used no longer as a router but only as a pass through so that I can begin to use the ASA 5505 to manage routing.

I need to know how to configure both devices so that I can begin to use the ASA 5505.

Thanks,

James

3 Replies 3

stevebybee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Im not to sure on the ASA5505, but on the Netopia, if I remember correctly, there is a check box that tells the router to bridge, I want to say it says "Is Bridge", I want to say under the Advanced settings of WAN.

Here is the address to the 3347NWG

http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/3347nwgent.html

I myself did not like configuring the netopia 3347 a few months back.

Hello and thanks for the reply. Once I'm back in the office I will visit the link you provided, study the information then give it a shot.

BTW, how did the configuration turn out for you?

James,

Customer, had a bus. DSL line installed, and Bell South provided the Netopia router. Customer insisted on using a Netgear VPN 8 port w/wireless router (Model FVG318).

It turned out ok, after I went thru the advanced menu items one by one to see about bridging these two routers together and basically turning the Netopia into just a DSL modem. I was getting quite frustrated with it tho, so I know how you feel.

Customer was up and running in a few hours, with one machine serving as a Quickbooks server, with two clients that VPN into that machine from another state.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card