cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Phone Time not updating

cplundberg
Level 1
Level 1

Phone time not updating. CM Server time is correct.

Running CM OS 4.4SR4, CM 4.2.3ES20

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

upgrade the phones to the latest firmware and that should solve the issue.

View solution in original post

83 Replies 83

dekeel
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue I have but just on 7912g and 7960g

Same here with 5.1.3000.

On 5.1 a reset of the phone will cause it to update the time. A restart does not change the time. trying to find information about how often the phones update their time from callmanager.

Same here with 7912g. installed new firmware and still no change.

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

same here cm 3.3.3. DId manual work around of changing time on CM... phones have not updated as stated they would...

I have had the same problem but found that the CM's have reset there time for the past two days. I have verified that the time has been changed as the Manual workaround stated and that there is not a NTS Server set in the Reg. (this was the problem the first day.) Last night the systems reset there selfs again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Guys,

Java based phones (7911,7941,7961,7970 etc) should have updated immeadiatly if they have the latest phone firmware (either 8.2.1 or 8.0.4-2) Other phones like 7912,7940 and 7960 will take awhile. The phone updates its time at the completion of each call. You can reset the phones to speed up this process.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

Hi what is a while? Its been 2 hours almost and I have made and completed a call on my 7940. Still shows 8:34 and the correct time is 9:34. The computer time of my call manager publisher is 9:34 as well as my subscribers... I changed the time on them over two hours ago.... IP phone time is still incorrect...

Can you help??

Thanks!

Well,my phones have started to update themselves. Oddly enough, it is my java based phones that are taking the longest. My older model phones are all updated. I guess I wasn't patient enough.

can you tell me how long it took them? The one sitting in front of me has still not updated and its been about 2 hours or so... I don't have access to any others right now...but Im thinking they are in the same boat...

THanks

I have 7940 and 7970 phones and they did not update as they should have. I even went to the CM and Subs (which updated fine) and moved them up a minute, completed a call, and the phones updated a minute. But, the hour digit is still an hour off. I have reset all phones but no luck. Any Ideas?

Same problem here, anyone??? Cisco???

If I had to guess, I'd say atleast 5 hours. My callmanager's clocks were update via NTP around 2AM (or 3AM with DST). At 8AM they were not updated. I checked again @ 9:30AM and most of them were showing the correct time.

WOW!!! I would not have guessed that long at all... That is ridiculous... I'll wait while and see then... Id say we have about 500 phones or so.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: