cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DST problems

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.1(1). Servers all changed over correctly. Voicemail time stamps still 1 hour behind. Running Server 2000 on Unity servers, Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Access showing correct time stamps.

Logging in to the TUI, prompt is an hour behind.

What did I miss?

Todd

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

rebooting unity didn't do a thing.. but what did work was shutting down unity, changing the time zone to anything else.. then setting it back properly to the right time zone and restarting unity.. everything worked properly after that.

View solution in original post

NICE! Do I get a rating for my Mar 12, 2007, 5:35pm PST post with that suggestion? Ha!!

View solution in original post

37 Replies 37

williamka
Level 1
Level 1

Same thing for me..... except running 4.2(1). Ran the Unity patches DC/Exchange and Unity timestamps correct...

Anyone else?

Todd

I was able to get this to work by manually disabling in time zone to do not update automatically on both exchange server and unity.

Just finished testing successfully and voicemail timestamps are correct. Hope this helps

k

So you just disabled the auto DST update under date & time in Windows?

Were your clocks OK prior to doing this?

I'll try this Monday and see what happens.

Todd

This did seem to take care of the time stamps but the event logs are now off by an hour.

Edit - Event log corrected itself.

Has anyone else seen this DST problem yet?

Updating the clocks manually seems to break something along the way.

First Unity box unregistered its ports with our Call Manager and went into failover mode.

I wonder if the clocks are trying to sync with our domain controllers which are correct.

I put everything back to auto and the correct time. The prompts are an hour behind but at least it all works.

rpsunbeam
Level 1
Level 1

same thing here..

everything shows the proper time but voicemail prompts are an hour behind.

Did you install the JRE Time Zone Update in addition to the Windows update?

Unity 4.2 also has ES59 that needs installed.

Unity 4.1(1) also has additional updates:

Summary:

These instructions are for patching the time zone information used by the Unity Inbox in Unity 4.1(1) only if 4.1(1)ES34 is also present.

Pre-requisite: This update applies if the following two conditions on your Unity system are true:

1) Unity 4.1(1) is installed

2) Unity 4.1(1) ES34 is present

To determine if Unity 4.1(1) ES34 is installed, run the Gather Unity System Information (GUSI) tools from Tools Depot.

The report generated will list the Engineering Specials (ES) present on your system

If your Unity system does not meet the two pre-requisites above, do not proceed with this Engineering Special (ES) as it does not apply to your system.

Installation Steps:

Step 1: Open the Services MMC (type "services.msc" from Start -> Run) and stop the Tomcat service

Step 2: Make a backup of the following file found in path :\CommServer\cscoserv\ciscopca\WEB-INF\classes

Current File Name: TimeZoneData.properties

New File Name: TimeZoneData.properties.org

Step 3: In the folder containing this ReadMe.txt, copy the file TimeZoneData.properties to path

:\CommServer\cscoserv\ciscopca\WEB-INF\classes

Step 4: Open the Services MMC (type "services.msc" from Start -> Run) and start the Tomcat service

Yes, the JRE Time Zone Update WAS applied to both of our Unity boxes in addition to the Windows patch.

The ES patch was NOT installed as we didn't meet the pre-requisite to install it. We don't have ES34 installed:

Unity Install Information:

Unity server name = UNITY1

Unity version = 4.1(1.0)

No Engineering Specials installed

Logging diagnostics and data files to= d:\CommServer\Logs\

Total capacity (megs)= 67142.93

Megs free= 50797.2

% free space= 75.66

UMR repository location= d:\CommServer\UnityMTA\

Total capacity (megs)= 67142.93

Megs free= 50797.2

% free space= 75.66

Cisco Unity TSP version = 8.0(2)

CSAgent = -not installed-

Switch 1 = IPCM1

Switch 2 = Not installed

Ports configured = 72

Default recording codec = 8K Mu-Law

TUI Languages loaded = ENU

Default TUI Language = ENU

GUI Languages loaded = ENU

Default GUI Language = ENU

Default TTS Language = ENU

TTS Default Engine =

Standard Unity conversation in use

Did you try running the JRE update again to make sure it says it was installed?

To verify the update was successful, issue the same command:

"X:\CommServer\cscoserv\Java2SDK\jre\bin\java -jar tzupdater.jar -u -v"

and verify the returned text contains this statement:

"You have the same version as the embedded one."

Is this a Unified or VM only installation?

I did when it was installed last week and just did it again to verify.

I get "You have the same version as the embedded one." on both servers.

This is a Unified installation but being used as VM only. In other words we have a separate Exchange 2003 server running but are only using it for voice mails.

Wow...really running out of options!

Did you run Microsoft's TZEDIT just to verify the time zone was correctly edited?

Did you try stopping and restarting the Tomcat service?

just got off with cisco tac, and they suggested (altho there are no notes about it) that the Unity box needs to be reloaded, and possible exchange server for the dst patches to take effect.

obviously can't do that in the middle of the day, so will update later if that solves it.

the server correctly rolls to DST, but tac said that rebooting seems to be the trick..

windows.. when in doubt.. reboot.

I'd still give stopping and restarting the Tomcat service a shot. Might save you a reboot.

per cisco tac, jre is only for the pca interface.. would have nothing to do with time stamping on msg's,thats between exchange and unity.

I'm off to the reboot fairy tonight. see if that solves the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: