Views
Helpful
Replies

DST changes for 7970

bluejays
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

CCM 4.2(3) with ES10,DST patch. OS is 2000.4.4sr4. All the phones changes except 7970. The firmware is 8.2.1 for 7970.

Any idea?

Thx

7 Replies 7

jshelmer
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.1(3)SR1 w/ DST patch & firmware 8.2.1, I had to reset my 7970's for them to pick up the new time.

Did reset the phone and the time is still wrong. FYI......the ccm time is changed correctly as well as other phones.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

In CCMXXX database table "TypeTimeZone" and manually set the "stddate"

and "dstdate" to "0/11/0/1,2:0:0:0" and "0/3/0/2,2:0:0:0" respectively for each US timezone.

After that reset all 7970s...

OK, some update.

We checked the SQL database and the setting is right.

So we ran out of idea and we did another reset of the all 7970 phones and they came back with right time now.....

thx

Ran the BAT tool and RESET all of the 797X; that fixed the issue with all 7900's getting the right time except the 797X's.

-rob

david.walsh
Level 1
Level 1

There's gotta be a problem with the 7970 load. We were experiencing this too. We rebooted the phone (i.e. unplugged and replugged it in), same problem.

However, our vendor called me and said that we'd have to perform a reset in CCM. We did it, and it worked. However, it should not be this way. This basically means that it's a manual process. It should've adjusted by itself like all the other phones. There has to be some sort of bug in this for the 7970s.

I have a call into TAC. Will post the outcome when I have it.

Thanks,

Dave

Has anyone noticed a problem with IP Communicator? Our IP Communicator phones are not picking up the correct time (prior to version 2.0.2) If you are running IPC 2.0.2 you are fine. Any older versions and you are off by one hour.

Thanks,

Carol