Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 syslog messages %C6K_POWER-SP-4-PD_NOLINKUP

singh.andy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing the following message in syslog repeatedly for different ports

%C6K_POWER-SP-4-PD_NOLINKUP: The device connected to 2/7 is powered up but its link is not up in 5 seconds. Therefore, power is withdrawn from the port

Users are complaining about their phones resetting. I haven't tracked it to see if the phones that are having issues are connected to these ports in the syslog. Has anyone seen this? I found this bug CSCek30589, but it says it only affects WS-X6196-RJ-21. I don't have these blades

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Aaron.Koves
Level 1
Level 1

We're seeing the same issues on WS-X6148-GE blades. Our support provider is stumped, though we've found a quick fix is to reset the module and it runs okay after that. Did you ever find out what caused this?

our issue wasn't related to this...i never did find an answer on this though

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Andy,

Although the bug is not an exact match in terms of the line card type - the symptoms are exactly the same. I suggest it is therefore related. If you raise a tac case the existing bug may well get updated to include your module.

Secondly, you could follow the recommendation to update the code to 12.2(18)SXF5 <- see if this fixes the issue. It's just another option. Of course the code change would depend largely on the environment and usual 'Red tape' you may have nothing to lose.

hth

Ajaz

yes, i thought about upgrading, but issue turned out to be something else..so i figured this is not causing any harm, so i left it as is

Glad it isn't causing you harm. It's causing us loads - we're running 7960 phones off these ports and they all lose power when this message is sent. I'd love to get a TAC opened, but our support provider isn't cooperating. I think they can only open a few TACs a month and they don't want to use one on us. If anyone is interested we're running 12.2(18)SXF4. I agree an upgrade is probably the answer, I was just hoping someone out there could say for sure that an upgrade fixed it :)

Aaron

What have you got to lose?

Worse case scenario is that the issue is not resolved as a result of the upgrade so you rollback to 12.2(18)SXF4. I would suggest you go for the upgrade on one of the switches, sit back and observe the results...

hth

Ajaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: