cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSMARS DST failures

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

How did everyone do with the DST changes over the weekend? None of our CSMARS boxes with DST seems to have the correct time. I will investigate further on Monday, but was curious how everyone else did. We're on 4.2.4 (2429).

8 Replies 8

wiluszm
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem on my side. I attempted to change the TZ.. thinking maybe that would fix it. No go. This is no good, considering Cisco said this was a resolved issue. The MARS box is the only infrastructure device on our side that didn't handle the new time.

-Mike

http://cs-mars.blogspot.com

I initially assumed there was an issue because from the CLI the time was incorrect. It appears that in the GUI the time IS correct(sometimes). However the CLI issue is certainly more than cosmetic (which is what Cisco has mentioned in the TAC case a coworker has opened). So far I have noticed the following problems:

The archive filenames have the wrong time embedded in their names.

Checkpoint events come in exactly 1 hour after they are generated. The logs appear to be correct on the CP.

Admin->System Maintenance->View, log entries either have the wrong time or aren't displayed properly (never any data for last 1 hour)

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

It appears that 4.2.4 (2428) works fine. The time on the CLI and the GUI are correct.

This was released today. I'll cut to the chase and state the fix:

Fix:

The MARS team has provided the fix for this issue in a 4.2.4 upgrade patch (csmars-4.2.4-patch.pkg)

and also in the upcoming 4.2.5 release (slated to FCS in late March 2007). Users have the

option of applying the patch immediately to their existing 4.2.4 machine, or waiting for

the 4.2.5 FCS upgrade package.

Important Note: The patch can only be applied on a MARS running 4.2.4 (2428). If you are on

a version of MARS earlier than this, please upgrade to this version before applying the patch.

1) If the user?s CS-MARS box is running 4.2.4 (2428) and the user desires to apply the patch,

download and upgrade using the package named ?csmars-4.2.4-patch.pkg? from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cs-mars-misc

Verify that the user is now running version 4.2.4 (2432).

2) If the user?s CS-MARS box is running 4.2.4 (2428) and the user does not desire

to apply the patch, please wait to apply the upcoming 4.2.5 FCS release from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cs-mars

We have applied the patch and so far, so good. Even the Checkpoint events have the correct time.

the readme states that only a subset of the available US timezones actually got the DST update rolled in with 2428.

Pretty sure there are a couple'a clocks and computers - maybe even a MARS box - way up here in the Great White, too, eh..?

All whining aside, this appears to be kinda sloppy...

agreed. and now our archived data is all buggered up for those 4 days. sigh.

same here :-(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: