cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hybrid os switch

shafrin81
Level 1
Level 1

Please explain me In the hybrid os switch how the vlans can be created and how it communicates between different vlans in the same switch itself, please clear me with required commands including some points to understand clearly.

8 Replies 8

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

HI

The hybrid os switch will have a route process called MSFC as a daughter card on the SUP.So u can create SVI's for different vlans on the MSFC it will take care of intervlan routing.

Thanks

Mahmood

Asakm,

Hi,

Thanks for the immediate response.

By the way plz guide me where exactly the needed vlans & SVI vlans can be created for intervlan routing.

w/s

As john mentioned u r SUP which will have catos is used to manage layer 2 operations.

here u are going to use set commands

like set vlan (vlan number) (vlan name)

for creating the SVI's u need to access the MSFC which u can access it using session command depending upon u r switch configuration it will either 15 or 16.

here u have to create SVI for each vlan which u configured in the set base command mode.

Thanks

Mahmood

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

On a hybrid switch you create the layer 2 vlan on the switch with CatOS commands ie.

set vlan 100 "vlan name".

Then as per previous poster you need to go onto the MSFC to create the layer 3 interface.

If you have one supervisor in your 6500 then from the switch you should be able to access the MSFC by typing

"sess 15".

This will put you onto the MSFC daughtercard.

Once there you can create the layer 3 interfaces using IOS commands.

interface vlan 100

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

etc....

HTH

Jon

Thanks...

The above mentioned configuration has been already applied on both sessions [CAT0S,IOS]

Is it anymore configuration required except above mentioned.

1.how do i configure SVI's interface for the

created vlans,

2.is Routing protocols are required to route between different vlan.

please explain me clearly...

HI

After accessing u r MSFC u need to go in

global config

router(config)#interface vlan 100

router(config-if)#ip address (ip address) (subnet mask)

no shut

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi

If you have already applied all the above config then you have layer 3 SVI's created.

Jon

Hi

Thanks a lot ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco