Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme 4.0 register with multiple SIP provider

Hello ,

I need to configure my cme 4.0 to send outgoing call throught different SIP provider .

I have already tryed with only 1 provider and all work fine .

Thanks .

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Registration and making calls are two different things, you do not necessarily need to be registered to make outgoing calls.

Under "sip-ua", configure username/password/realm, and the router should use them in the authentication phase for each ITSP.

Please rate usful posts!

Hi ,

I have tried to configure another username and password , the system d'ont permit me and show the message "only one username are permit per device"

Standby, research in progress.

Ok, it seems to me that the current IOS is severely limited in this area:

1st, in "sip-ua" you can configure multiple (up to 5) password/realm combinations, but a single username. That means, if can have different ITSP to assign you the same authentication username, you can use multiple ITSP.

2nd, the authentication configuration in "dial-peer" mode, is available only for pots dial-peer, not voip. This appears like a bug in my opinion, or I would be very curious to know the reason why.

The above is actually documented at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_a1.htm#wp1613546

I've tried the configuration in sip-ua mode, as long the username is the same, you can actually configure multiple password/realm combinations. One final comment, the output from CLI on succesful configuration like Updating password for realm: xxx is really non-standard in IOS.

Hope this helps, if so, rate this post.

Hi ,

you tasks that the problem may be resolved upgrading the CME , now is ver. 4.0 (C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(9)T1 .

No, this limitation is not version dependent. I have a feeling it may be corrected in a future because it so absurd, However I have no basis to support my thinking.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

that doesn't look like a bug, but is reasonable:

authentication aids billing and CAC on provider side. If you could use authentication on voip dial-peers then the ip-device in your network using this dial-peer could authenticate itself the same way as a gateway in question. but if it is an analog or tdm device, it cannot do that so we have authentication only under pots dial-peers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: