paolo bevilacqua Mon, 03/12/2007 - 09:07
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member


you can really "reserve bandwith" only if the whole infrastructure is under your control. This is called RSVP and probably does not apply to your case.

Next you have to find if the HDSL/ADSL modem is at leat capable of Qos, chances are that is not. If it a cisco, you would configure QoS on in, in the form of LLQ for voice traffic.

What can you do then, a partial solution is to configure traffic shaping on the output interface of the CME so that all non-voice traffic is limited to a certain bandwidth, that is a fraction of the upload speed.

In all these case there is no solution on input and you can just hope that the ISP is treating voice traffic with QoS.

As you see, one needs to know all the specific details to see what can be done.

Please rate useful posts!

leonardo.vecchi... Wed, 03/14/2007 - 01:54
User Badges:

Hi ,

thanks for the precise answer ,

well if on the router have add also some pots interface (like isdn or analogic), there is a way to divert the call if the voip wan are saturated ?


This Discussion