DHCP Server Issues

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2007

I have a weird problem that has started all of the sudden. For the past 5 years, we've run a DHCP server on the call manager that dishes out addresses / tftp info to phones. We have also run a second DHCP server that gives IP addresses to client workstations. Client workstations and phones are on different subnets and has worked fine in the past, but starting to night, if a phone is reset, it obtains address information from the workstation subnet DHCP server. I have to disable that scope in order for the phone to obtain a proper dhcp assignment from the call manager. any ideas?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rjrii Mon, 03/12/2007 - 04:31

so I've found lots of articles talking about this same problem. I dont understand how it just started, but it may be related to a new DHCP server on the network. I was just told it was upgraded from a 2k to 2k3 server and there is no option 150 in the DHCP options. I can't update loads on the phones for about a week. any ideas how to get around this would be appreciated.

Zin.Karzazi Mon, 03/12/2007 - 04:31

Vlans Changes?

Run Ethereal on your Workstation which is connected to a phone, activate both DHCP server and see where the Problem rely.

Sniffing is your Best Friend in this situation.

HTH

Actions

This Discussion