cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring IP Phone

haytham.nassar
Level 1
Level 1

i want to ask if there is a third party software to monitor the call history on IP telephony network.

your help will be appreciated

regards

7 Replies 7

ccramer
Level 1
Level 1

Haytham,

There are a wide variety of applications, both third party and from Cisco, that have supervisory abilities. The main thing you need to look at is what version of CallManager you are running, and your current Cisco infrastructure.

I am not that familiar with third party products, but we have installed numerous Call Supervisor packages on Cisco solutions that allow supervisors to listen in and record agent conversations.

Best wishes!

Chris Cramer

ccramer@itworksite.com

Chris,

i am using CallManger v 4.1

Cisco unity connection v 1.1

hope that will help you to help me :-)

regards

Haytham

No Update :-(

i really need to know this guys

plz help

regards

If you're just looking for call history, you can use MSAccess to query the call manager databases directly. I've got a MSAccess document that I use to look at call histories, filtering based on phone numbers and time. Nothing too fancy, but it does let me look at call histories, long distance billing, and call errors, etc.

do you have a bief steps to use MSAccess to get the history for the users ? i will appreciate that

regards

Go under "data sources" to "System DSN" in the control panel on your local machine. Add a new SQL Server source pointing to the IP address of your Call Manager and the CDR database. You might have to go to the SQL manger on the CallManager to add a valid username name and give them permissions first. Run MSAccess and create a new file. Under tables, right-click and select "Link Tables". Scroll in the file type dropdown and select OOBC database, select the DSN you just created, the table name you want is called dbo.CallDetailReport (at least that's the name for my CM 3.1.2c).

Here are some of the functions I wrote in MSAccess to handle converting date/times to and from UTC and decoding IPs (hmm, just noticed I need to update the timezones for the new DST).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: