cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 3.3 - 7970G Phones Paging Problems

smartin
Level 1
Level 1

Running CME 3.3. Paging system on all phones working correctly when using 7040 phones. Replacing 7040 phones with 7970G phones.

When I installed 7970G phones I started having this problem.

When someone "Pages" I noticed on the 7970G phones the page comes through on the phone but the "Speaker" button never comes on and you don't hear the page unless you manually "hit" the button. How do I get the speaker to "Automatically" come on when someone pages.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This happens because the tftp server gets confused by "flash:" prepended to filename, so please use the alias command in tftp-server, eg:

tftp-server flash:/apps70.1-1-3-31.sbn alias apps70.1-1-3-31.sbn

This way you can store the phoneloads in a separate directory if your router supports that (28xx, 38xx)

repeat for all .sbn files with the exact filenames, and the SCCP70.8-0-4SR3A.loads

As load please configure SCCP70.8-0-4SR3A without the .loads extension.

In fact you can even not use the .default. files at all because you are forcing the upgrade by exact filename.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Firmware on the 7970? Check that you have the lastest 8.0(4)SR3A and try again.

Which file or files do I need . The zip file contains several .sbn & .loads file.

Copy all the files to the router, that should be tftp server. Configure all the files with "tftp-server ....". Configure the load like SCCP70.8-0-4SR3A under "telephony-service", without the extension.

To monitor the upgrade, do "term mon" and "debug tftp-events"

Should I delete the old Loads & Sbn files then remove the old "Tftp-server flash:" & "Load ..." statements.

Yes for tidiness remove unused files and configuration commands.

Does the 7970 pages correctly now ?

I ran into a problem. I think I entered the commands correctly but I'm getiing an error on the phone under status messages. The error is "File not found term70.default.loads"

This is what I entered on the router.

tftp-server flash:term70.default.loads

load 7970 term70.default.loads

This happens because the tftp server gets confused by "flash:" prepended to filename, so please use the alias command in tftp-server, eg:

tftp-server flash:/apps70.1-1-3-31.sbn alias apps70.1-1-3-31.sbn

This way you can store the phoneloads in a separate directory if your router supports that (28xx, 38xx)

repeat for all .sbn files with the exact filenames, and the SCCP70.8-0-4SR3A.loads

As load please configure SCCP70.8-0-4SR3A without the .loads extension.

In fact you can even not use the .default. files at all because you are forcing the upgrade by exact filename.

Paolo, you are the man, that did the trick !

Thanks for help !!