Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 1.x - Bulk update to users language setting

brendand05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to bulk update 100+ subscribers with a language change. When the subscribers were created the template set their language to 'English (United States)', there has since been a locialize file installed for 'English (Australian).

I need to bulk update all the users. I have looked at the Bulk Update Utiliy which looks like it should do it but on the profile page under language it only gives the options of 'Dont Change' or 'English (United States)'

??

Many Thanks

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My first guess would be that AUS is not on the active list of languages - if you go to a subscriber's account in the SA does it allow you to change that user to AUS?

BulkEdit is querying the active list of language, not the languages installed - you can install as many languages as you like but only activate the ones you want (i.e. up to the number you have licensed). If the drop down list only shows ENU it's likely that it's the only active language in the list.

English (Australia) should be active, but im not sure where to confirm if it is active? It is set as the system default language and it I go into a Unity Subscriber it shows in the drop down (i.e I have a choice of English (United States) or English (Australia). The system prompts play in ENAU but the user prompts are still in ENUS

So all looks ok within Unity Connection, however in the Bulk Update utility I only have one choice English (United States).

hmmm... if its offered in the drop down for subscribers in the SA, it should be doing the same in BUlkEdit.

Checking the code, it's looking in the vw_ConfigurationValue view in UnityDirDB - the fullName value is "System.SystemSetup.TUILanguages.Loaded" - you can also just open up CUDLE (found in the tools depot) and go to the configuration tree view and navigate there like you would in the registry tree.

It pulls the value for that row out and parses it for language codes - you should see "ENU, AUS" in there if those are your two active languages. Take a peek in there and tell me what the value column says for that entry.

Hi lindborg,

From CUDDLE

TUILanguages

- Default ENU

- Installed ENU

- Loaded ENU

GUILanguages

- Default ENY

- Installed ENU

- Loaded

Under tbl_InstalledLanguage I have

LanguageType, Language Code

0 1033

0 3081

1 1033

2 1033

3 1033

From the description Language Types are

0 = tui

1 = gui

2 = vui

3 = tts

I'm assuming 1033 is English (United States), and 3081 is English (Australian)

In Unity Connection under 'System Settings' > 'General Configuration'

- System Default Language is set to English (Australian) and have the option to select either English (Australian) or English (United States)

- System Default TTS Language is set to English (United States) and have the option only to select English (United States)

I can go through the users and set their language to English (Australian) but there is around 200 users a BulkUpdate is preferred. Any Ideas?

Looks like CUDLE is only showing ENU as being loaded and active... really, though, the only value I need is from that column I noted earlier.

But it sure does look like AUS is not active...

Where can I activate/deactive a language to check this.

It would certainly appear to be active as all the system voice prompts have changed from an american voice to an australian voice and if I change a users language to English (Australian) it says

'press hash to continue' instead of

'press pound to continue'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: