Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing CCM Cluster for a particular region

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 3MB site which i want to upgrade to 45 MB for Telepresence readiness. Now my problem here is, according to the current design the 3MB link is from A-->B. I need to upgrade the link to 45 MB and for this i need to decommission the current link, and terminate it from A--->C.

Since there is Voice traffic pointing to a specific cluster, i need to migrate that to a different cluster as the new link will be in a different region.

Please let me know how do i proceed on this? I mean with reference to the device pools etc.

Appreciate your response.

Navneet

5 Replies 5

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would really appreciate if someone would reply to my query above.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Navneet Singh

Can anyone please reply to my Query?

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Navneet

Navneet,

Probably why you aren't getting responses, is that your query is a little vague. You shouldn't have to change CCM (?) clusters to account for L1/L2 changes. Redirect to different trunks or gateways, etc.. Sorry my answer is a little vague as well, but we would need more detail to determine what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your reply. Here the problem is I do not have a backup link terminating at the same "B" end. Also the reason I want to terminate the site at "C" are as follows:

1) Service provider limitation

2) New site has CCM version 5.1 which supports Telepresence(Important one)

Please let me know is it possible to copy all the configuration on one CCM onto another? Or is there any other way? How do i go about it?

Please suggest

Regards

Navneet

Navneet,

I haven't done an off-box migration for CCM 5.x, so I'm unfamiliar with the options. I have in the past done this for CCM 4.x. That wound up being an all weekend task (building the servers, exporting and migrating the data). I did this with BAT, AXL, LDIF and some manual changes.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: