cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME - DST updates

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

O.K., I saw all the post of DST update failures on IP phones; however, I don't see any posts regarding CCME. I have a customer with CCME 4.0.0(1) where the router the phones are registered to shows the correct time; however, the phones do not (as of Monday morning). I had the customer reset one phone and it updated it's time. They tried resetting several other phones without success- they still show an hour behind. Has anyone found a global fix for this?

6 Replies 6

Richard-W
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same problem with CCME and would be interested in a solution.

Eastern time zone.

Use this.

Clock summer-time EST recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00

Our router is already using the Clock summer-time EST recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00 command.

If I SHOW CLOCK on the router the correct time is displayed. I know the router is correct.

This problem is a matter of getting the phones to show the correct time. It's been 36 hours since the DST time change. How long does it take? I have also reset a phone and it stills shows the time 1 hour behind.

What model was the phone that updated when you reset it? What models are not updating?

Are you using the 'time-zone' command under telephony-service?

I am having the issue with my phones not updating as well. The router and everything else updated just fine

I'm curious if the issue is tied to the timezone command.

jeff.carr
Level 1
Level 1

In addition to the time settings on the router, it appears phone firmware upgrades may also be necessary.

See Cisco Systems Field Notice: FN - 62686 - U.S. Daylight Saving Time (DST) Policy Changes Effective March 2007 - Cisco CallManager Express (CCME)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_field_notice09186a00807e9632.shtml

Well that's the ticket right there...good find!

As a workaround for my site (7941 and 7961) I have adjusted the 'time-zone' by one zone to make the phones display the correct time until I can get to the site to upgrade the firmware. I.e., I am in Seattle, but have told the phones they are in Mountain time to gain the hour back.