cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS with "Non-Cisco-IP-Phones" (on Cat3560+PoE) and TRUNK-Port

rnolden
Level 1
Level 1

we have "Non-Cisco-IP-Phones" with Cat3560+PoE and TRUNK-Ports with 2 Vlans(one DATAvlan,one VOICEvlan)

how is it possible to enable QoS (1st step: Classification and Marking) on this TRUNK-Ports with "service-policy input" (with class-map,policy-map)

it seem so, as it doesn't work on a TRUNK ?

there are no matches in ACL (sh access-lists) and POLICY-MAP (sh policy-map interface fastEthernet 0/1)

....any idea....

regards,

Ralf

3 Replies 3

kev.whelan
Level 1
Level 1

you have a phone (non cisco) and a Pc or other node trunked into each port ? Or you want to do Qos on an uplink trunk ?

i have the following:

an IP-Phone on cat3560-Trunk-Port (int fast0/1) and a PC on the second port of the IP-Phone.

so, i need definitely a Trunk so that i can work with two seperate vlans (Data, Voice)

....QoS on an Uplink isn't the question....

regards,

Ralf

richard.nixon
Level 1
Level 1

i'm not an expert, but did you

1) Turn on qos in global config ? (mls qos enable)

2) Set a qos trust level on the ports ? ("mls qos trust cos" or "mls qos trust dscp")

If you don't set a trust level, received DSCP/CoS marks are removed (but you can hard code them on the port if you like)

Trust COS only works on trunks as it relies on a field in the ISL or dot1q header. Trust DSCP works for trunks and access ports alike.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card