cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST issue with IP Communicator

woodsbc
Level 1
Level 1

I have both CallManager 4.1.3 and 4.2.3 installed. I have followed the Windows OS updates and the CallManager updates and time is reflected just fine on the 7940/7960/7941/7961/7970 IP phones across my network and on the CallManager servers as well. Time is also correct on my PC.

Now can anyway tell me why my Cisco IP Communicator is showing the incorrect time? I am running version 2.0.1.1.

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

dcrites
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem at my site using CallManager 4.1.3. All phones have the correct time except IP Communicator (version 1.1.5.0).

Anyone have resolution on this issue yet?

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I had the same problem. I upgraded to IP Communicator v2.0.2 and it now shows the correct time. As far as what I have read, this upgrade should not have been needed.

I went ahead and upgraded as well to 2.0.2 and the time is now correct.

The DST documentation for IP Communicator is incorrect.

I am having the same problem as well. Anyone know a fix other than upgrading to 2.0.2.

Try doing a reset from callmanager on the device page. Just curious to see if this could have an affect. This was required for the 7970's even after loading the correct phone load.

***IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE IP COMMUNICATOR PLEASE MAKE SURE

YOU ARE USING IPC 2.0.2***

the Java version should be JRE 1.4.2_05-b04 or later and the IP Comm

ver. should be 2.0.2

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-comm

**you can download the Java version from java.com**

NOTE: ALL OTHER VERSIONS OR IP COMMUNICATOR WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY WITH

THIS DST ISSUE, THE WORKAROUND IS TO CHANGE THE DATE/TIME GROUP MANUALLY

ON THE CCMADMIN PAGE.

I have IP Communicator users on 2.0.2 in a different time zone from the Callmanager cluster that's fully DST patched and their time still off by -1 hour relative to the IP phones right next to them. IP Communcator in the same time zone is okay. Anyone else have this problem?

Cisco just updated the DST Field Notice for IP Communicator to require an upgrade to 2.0.2 in order to reflect new DST rules:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_field_notice09186a00807e0fd9.shtml

jreich
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with a customer. He was running 2.0.1. All I had to do is uprade to 2.0.2 on the clients and it fixed the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: