Script question

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2007
User Badges:

I am trying to develop an IVR app for a customer which requires a call be made to an external number. Basically when a call comes in the caller inputs various options. Certain options require the connection to some field people who can be either at their home office or cell phone. the number that is to be called is static however it will not be a phone on the CCM. The issue is that there are situations where if the first contact does not answer then another contact must be contacted.

I have tried to use call redirect in the hopes of detecting when a call is connected and if not move to the 2nd contact. This has not worked, any thoughts out there as to how I can get this done?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thomas1 Mon, 03/12/2007 - 15:56
User Badges:

Have you tried using the "Place Call" step with any success? It looks like you can set a timer on it if no one answers (including an answering machine) to pull the call back and proceed further within the IVR script flow. I've never used it, but I might play with it as time permits. :)

At first glance of the properties of that step, it looks like you will need to create variables containing values that match your Call Control and Primary Dialog group id's on your IVR server. This is how you'll control which ports the IVR selects (you'll make sure it sends the call out the right voice gateway). We have multiple locations using the same IVR, so we have ports partitioned off for each location.

This reminds me, make sure the IVR ports within Call Manager have the right Calling Search Space contaning the partitions allowing external dialing.

markoller Mon, 03/12/2007 - 17:10
User Badges:

I thought about Place call but couldn't figure out how I would get the original caller and the field person to conferenced in with each other if I used place call.

The CSS of the ports are OK. I can make calls fine.

etmarcof Tue, 03/13/2007 - 10:08
User Badges:

Hi,

I have also similar problem.

I need to hear music on hold while call is being made.

Using Consult transfer when destination number is cisco ip phone i can hear MOH but if destination is external number i hear ring tone. Also i would like to call another number if first one don't answer call.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards;

MC

markoller Tue, 03/13/2007 - 13:26
User Badges:

My only suggestion would be to place the original caller on hold. Use Place call to make a new call (using a new contact variable). Then when "place call" detects connection then prompt the person called to enter a digit to confirm. Then unhold the original caller the redirect them to person that just confirmed.

thomas1 Tue, 03/13/2007 - 14:03
User Badges:

I had time to play around with the "place call" step. My suggestion to use it was completely wrong. It's not intended to do any type of consultive transfers or conferencing. Sorry I couldn't help more on this. I was hopeful to find a solution, because I can see my customers needing this feature at some point.

wwwinfocobe Wed, 03/14/2007 - 03:17
User Badges:

I have a simular problem. Since it is possible to add own steps based on own Java classes, I was thinking about customizing the RedirectStep to use a time-out, similar to the Place Call step.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of integration?

markoller Wed, 03/14/2007 - 04:08
User Badges:

Nope but its an interesting idea, the only concern I would have of this solution is the inability for Redirect (by default) to not be able to detect connection.

etmarcof Wed, 03/14/2007 - 02:47
User Badges:

Hi,

How do i "prompt the person called to enter a digit to confirm. "? What object i need to configure?

Best Regards,

MC

markoller Wed, 03/14/2007 - 04:05
User Badges:

Place call has several branches below it, Sucessful, busy, etc.

Sucessful is executed when a call is connected. So after the call is connected, you can use a menu step with a prompt to say "Please press 1 to confirm". If they do not press 1, then you know they declined or perhaps are in the user's voicemail. Then you can leverage the Menu Step to do something else.

The place call step requires that you create a new variable of type "Contact". This is useful if you want to interact with the new call that was created using Place Call. For instance, when you Place Call, then you wish to play a prompt to the call, you will have to use the contact variable populated in Place Call instead of the default Triggering Contact.

Hope this helps.

wwwinfocobe Wed, 03/14/2007 - 05:24
User Badges:

I can help myself with the Call Consult Transfer Step, it has a time-out branch. I'm not sure if this step will solve you problem.

Actions

This Discussion