Views
Helpful
Replies

Override DNIS

mrunghen
Level 1
Level 1

I everybody,

I want to know if on CallManager 4.1.3 it's possible to override the original DNIS. I need that also when i make a transfer

Thanks

Melvyn

6 Replies 6

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Is this for on-net or off-net calls?

For off-net calls, you look at the external calling mask. It is available on the line, route patterns and the route list/route group configurations. The latter trumps the former. Translation patterns can also be used.

For on-net, then you would use translation patterns.

Those are where you can start. Post back if you need further clarification.

I explain my problem:

- I make a PSTN call to Routing Point ?A?

- ?A? have a forward all to ?B?

- ?B? have a forward No Answer to ?MeVo?

- I want to go to ?B? Voice Mail.

- I have unity 4.2 and don?t find any option to override DNIS on unity

As far as I know, there is no way to over ride this. Unity uses the original called party as the voicemail target.

I believe it's a standard vm practice.

But others here might be able to share a workaround.

Can i have further clarification about your first answer??

Thanks

If you look at the line, route pattern, route group within route list, gateway and translation configuration pages, you will see a section called Calling Party Transformations. You can use these fields to mask the DNIS to display whatever you want. Your PSTN carrier may place restrictions on this however.

If you fill out the line configuration page with 512-555-1111, and this field has not been populated on any of the upstream configurations, i.e. route pattern, then route group config in route list, etc, then 512-555-1111 will be sent out. I believe you have to check "use calling party external number mask" or something like that.

Try using a voice mail profile and specify the mail box number in the mask

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: