cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) DST

jnichols
Level 1
Level 1

I have unity 4.0(5) running on win 2000 server. I have applied the windows patches and the server has the correct time. Unity has incorrect time when checking voicemail. I am missing a file that is outlined in step 2 for the patch.

Can anyone help? Why don't I have this file?

Step 1: Open the Services MMC (type "services.msc" from Start -> Run) and stop the Tomcat service

Step 2: Make a backup of the following file found in path <drive>:\CommServer\cscoserv\ciscopca\WEB-INF\classes

Current File Name: TimeZoneData.properties

New File Name: TimeZoneData.properties.org

I have added the new file, but never originally had properties file, restarted tomcat and no change to voicemail time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Had the same problem. You have to reboot the server after applying the patches, although there is no mention of this in the Readme.

Note - Step #2 regarding the TimeZoneData.properties file is only applicable if you are running 4.0(5) w/ ES39.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

J,

What patches / workarounds did you apply on your server?

I'm running 4.0(4) on win 2000 and did the following

Applied JRE_time_zone_update

and Windows2000-KB928388-x86-ENU.EXE

and it all worked out for me.

What V of windows are you running?

Win 2000 server.

I have applied the java patch too.

I downloaded the Unity_DST_Patches.zip and have been trying to follow the instructions for 4.0(5), but that file is missing on my system that I posted earlier.

Did you have to reboot your unity server?

Have you tested a voicemail and checked that the arrival time is correct?

Had the same problem. You have to reboot the server after applying the patches, although there is no mention of this in the Readme.

Note - Step #2 regarding the TimeZoneData.properties file is only applicable if you are running 4.0(5) w/ ES39.

Thanks, that fixed my problem. Had to reboot even though the documentation didn't state it.

i am having the same issue even after the reboot

Hmm I'd say go back and review the latest Field Notice:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a00807dcf40.shtml

And download/install the patch:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity?psrtdcat20e2

Also, check time on your Exchange servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: