cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager support of takeback and Transfer (TNT)

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer with an older AT&T IVR that uses TNT to send a call back to CCM (and beyond to IPCCX). We are running a D4 CAS T1 trunk to it and can easily send calls but the MGCP traces indicate that the 2821 sends a "suspend" from the IVR when it wants to TNT and the CallManager responds with a release. Is TNT supported on CCM with either MGCP or H.323?

7 Replies 7

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Did you get this working ? I am requiring to do the same thing with TNT, but the issue is the switch type is 4ess and there is no way to change the switch setting to NI at this time.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

We were working with a CAS connection with an old (vintage 1995) AT&T IVR connected to an MGCP gateway to CCM. We placed a TAC case and they confirmed that CallManager does not support it at all - no big surprise. The customer is deciding whether they want to hairpin the call or add another T1 to hairpin it through (both the IVR and one of our GWs has open T1 ports) Sorry!

Thanks for the reply. We are currently working with Cisco to see if it will work with any other switch types. I will keep you posted!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

FYI, Apparently CVP supports it (from the CPE perspsctive), although I've never set it up myself, but I'm not sure about with a 4E. Good Luck!

Yeah, i did see the documentation for CVP with support for TBCT. But the cost of the product is outrageous to support just one feature.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Does anyone know if TNT can be simulated by creating a dtmf prompt wave file and play it back to the provider. Say, the number 9729991023 is subscribed to TNT service from the provider. I want to transfer it to 9729991024 (say). *T (*8) is a common sequence to invoke transfer connect. I have recorded a wave file that represents *T9729991024. I have set this up in Unity as a call handler, play the prompt and send call to hangup. Once the provider hears the dtmf sequence, it should transfer the call out to 9729991024 and release the calls off my PRIs.

When I call in to 9729991023, UNity plays the prompt and the call simply disconnects. Telco doesnt seem to recognize the dtmf sequence. Is there a particular amount of gap (in milliseconds) that need to be there on this dtmf sequence for transfer connect to work ? Cisco does support this in CVP, so i am sure this service is being offered through a wave file of some sort.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: