cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A strange Problem

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

Please have a look at the attachement. It is a screen shot of the error. I have no idea about the error. Its from CCM 4.1(2). I can open the webpage of CCM and I can see the phones as well but the status of phones says "Not Found". I have to go to the CCM server and hit "ok" on the error, than it works fine. After a while the error appears again. Any help please ???

sheeraz

6 Replies 6

schakra
Level 1
Level 1

It's due to the system file INTETCOMM.dll file was missing,Just browse & search your cd for the file & copy the same to the system foldes as in the error.

It worked???Then...

This file should be in the following folder:

c:\winnt\system32

That folder is included in your path by default, this is evident by the error. On my CM, it is also in

c:\winnt\system32\dllcache

You may be able to resolve this by re-copying the file from the dllcache location to the system32 location.

Please rate helpful posts.

Jeff

The file cant be found in c:\winnt\system32\dllcache. I downloaded the file and copied it to c:\winnt\system32. Its been half an hour now since I copied the file and havent seen the error window poping up. CCMADMIN page is showing the correct status of the registered devices as well. May be I should monitor it for little longer .... Thank you for the tip.

Sheeraz

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

If the phones are registered but on CCMAdmin the status shows as Not Found I would recommend you to restart the RIS Data Collector service and the Database Layer Monitor service on all the servers in the cluster.

Also what is the OS version that you are running and the CCM version? You might be running into this bug:

CSCeg88885.

Symtom: RTMT fails to send email or windows popup at the console stating:

The dynamic link library inetcomm.dll could not be found in the specified

path.

Conditions:

New server installed with win-os-2000.2.7

Please download the patch from the following link:--

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cmva-3des

the file name is :--

1. win-K9-ReinstallIE6sp1.exe

2. win-K9-ReinstallIE6sp1-readme.htm

Please go through the readme file before installing it.

You can install the patch on all the servers however first install it on the

Pub.

********************************************************************************************

I didnt restart the services but I just copied the file to c:\winnt\system32 and the error is not popping up. I am still monitoring it. My OS Image is 2000.2.7 and OS Service Release is 2000.2.7Sr8. Should I go for updating the service release or OS release? If Yes, what the latest releases are ?? I have CCM 4.1(2).Thank you for the tips.

Sheeraz

After monitoring for a while, an error window poped up as before but this time the missing file is MSOERT2.dll. I searched for the file and its related to my previous problem. I think, I must download the patch from the URL you mentioned.

Sheeraz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: