Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip deployment over mpls link

manish.gaur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we want to deploy voip for multiple location over the mpls lines we have between the multiple location can any body suggest the feasibility and how to do it and any related document and guidance for that

Thanks

Manish gaur

3 Replies 3

andrew.schaefer
Level 1
Level 1

Manish,

That is probably the best way to connect multiple sites without having to connect each one with a T1, etc. Our MPLS vendor has an SLA on latency with 50ms or less guaranteed. With voice you want to make sure the latency is definitely less than 150ms. For ease of management we're using a router at each remote site with SRST capabilities so that all of the configuration remains at the main HQ callmanager, but if the connection ever goes down, the remote site phones will still be able to call each other (not main office until connection is restored) Alternatively you can put a router at each site with CallManager Express, you will just have to manage each site separately. Hope that helps a little.

hi Andrew

Thanks for Your comments actually in our scenrio we dont have and callmanger inplementaiton inplan we are integerating our local PBX system with MPls router and the vo-ip and pots configured on the same router and i am looking for this feasibility wether we can use the same interfaces to configure the pots and voip which are configured with the mpls connectivity.

Thanks

Manish gaur

hi

IS their any feasibilty to create voip on the MPLS interfaces.

or i ahve to go for the scenerio liek back to back connectivity between the mpls router and another new router with serial termination and than E1 witht he PBX with new router.

Kindly suggest me or ic an create voip on the same interfaces on which the mpls is coming

Thanks & Regards

Manish Gaur