cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509s/Ping outside nat, inside address replies

bjobson
Level 1
Level 1

Need some advice on a static nat problem. I have 2 6509s with directly connected hosts. Primary 6509 nats are working fine but secondary 6509 pings to external nat address replies with internal address when I ping from destination network. 6509s are supporting a lab environment with no vtp and a basic HSRP setup. Hopefully the attached excerpts provide enough detail...

Thanks!!!

4 Replies 4

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

hi bjobson,

please find the below details.

Restrictions for Configuring Static Mapping Support for HSRP

?Configuring static mapping support for SRP provides NAT support in the presence of HSRP using static mapping configuration only.

?Static NAT mappings must be mirrored on two or more HSRP routers, because NAT state will not be exchanged between the routers running NAT in an HSRP group.

?Behavior will be unpredictable if both HSRP routers have the same static NAT and are not configured with the hsrp keyword linking them to the same HSRP group

So create a group name for all your inside interfaces and link it in the static nat statement using keywork redunancy.

This link will help u

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t4/ftnthsrp.htm

rate if helps

I was afraid you'd refer to that link! Just kidding. Thanks. We looked at that and there was a mention that it wasn't supported on the 6509. Is that true?

:(

ooops...

have u foud a solution ... Im keen to know it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card