cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1721 IOS update

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I have to upload IOS on 1721 router kindly suggest me any link as I have removed the old IOS and copied the new one but never rebooted as want to check 1st from which IOS it will boot

4 Replies 4

Imran

If I understand your post correctly you have already loaded a new version of IOS on your 1721 and have deleted the old image. This should mean that there is a single image in flash. In that case the 1721 will boot from the single image in flash. You can verify this in the output of show flash. There might be some other files in flash but I believe that there would be a single image file.

You might also want to check in the configuration of the 1721 to see if there are any boot system commands in the configuration. If there are any boot system commands you would want to update the boot system commands to point at the new image file that you have loaded.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Well i did wanted to know what commands to use so i will be able to boot the switch in proper IOS

Imran,

Do the following:

Check for the IOS in the flash

dir flash:

If you see a valid image file there with the .bin extension, boot the router from there.

boot flash:

once the router is booted set the bootpath to boot from there

router(config)#boot system flash:

If you dont have any image, then you can use TFTPDNLD feature of the router rommon to boot it from TFTP.Please use the link below for mor e info :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd0e.html

HTH,please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: