cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPX PBX Integration

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has anyone attempted MPX PBX (Avaya) Integration? I looked through the install docs and design guides and unless I am missing something basic I don?t see a clear statement saying MPX with Third Party PBX is supported. We have to do MPX due to cost.

If anyone has tried this please describe your architecture, like did you need a GK etc. If this is not supported can you have a CME tie to an Avaya PBX via PRI or CAS and then MPX integrate to CME and hence Avaya Phones through CME will get to MPX?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

If your PBX supports H323 and ethernet card you can setup a h323 trunk to MPX. Otherwise you can setup a t1 to a router and then have the router setup H323 call to MPX.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

If your PBX supports H323 and ethernet card you can setup a h323 trunk to MPX. Otherwise you can setup a t1 to a router and then have the router setup H323 call to MPX.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks I was exhanging emails internally but this provides extra validation. I dont think we can H323 on the PBX so the best solution would be Avaya--T1--VG--H323 dial peer--MPX.

Am I right so no need for CME to front end MPX just to integrate with MPX, I can use plain H323 VG to go direct to MPX.

Yes you dont need a CME config in the router. Just dial-peers will do.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: