ken.chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have to following:

4400 Series WLC

Cat 3560 PoE-24

1 LAP1242AG

Out of the distribution port 1 on the WLC, I have it plugged into the Ge0/1 Cat 3560. Everything is on the same Vlan. My AP is plugged into the Cat and is able to obtain an IP address. However my client (notebook) is unable to obtain an IP address. It comes back with a limited of no connection in the taskbar. I have created a dhcp pool in the WLC. I am no sure what I am doing wrong here. It?s got to be something simple?hopefully?

There is no security setup, I can see the SSID. I just can?t get an IP. Please help. Thank you.

I should mentioned that if I assigned an IP to my notebook and everything is ok.

2 Replies 2

Hi Ken, few Days ago i ran into the same issue. There are several Reasons, but i assume you configured all fine. There is a bug documented, CSCsf32185, which describes this behaviour on a WiSM. I had this Problem on a 3750 Switch with Integrated Controller. The Workaround is to configure DHCP Pools an the Controller and wait for the Next Maintenace Release, i heard from 4.0.207.0 Late March or April. Regards and Good Luck, Michael

dagyb
Level 1
Level 1

Let me know if you find anything, I'm fighting the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card