Views
Helpful
Replies

Wanna track CRC Error?

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanna track CRC Error..Understand I can use MIBs object? But any links to point me to the config? Or any advises on this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I am not sure CRC error is similar to packets errors.

You can use CiscoWorks LMS to send notification if line error rate is greater than certain %(1% is default).

I do not see any point to track the exact figure as it is ever growing if I remember correctly.

Ask you customer what will they do with the figures? Most important thing is to get alerted when error rate is high not because of 1 crc error out of millions of packets.

HTH.

Plz rate if helpful.

Regards

Kyaw

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

If u can explain in detail, we can try something

Hi Rajiv,

Now the customer wants to track CRC Error of the interface..so I need to get update like one day, on this interface how many CRC Errors I got from INterface0/0,etc etc..

Can I able to track from a server software or how can I do it?

Thanks!

Hi

I am not sure CRC error is similar to packets errors.

You can use CiscoWorks LMS to send notification if line error rate is greater than certain %(1% is default).

I do not see any point to track the exact figure as it is ever growing if I remember correctly.

Ask you customer what will they do with the figures? Most important thing is to get alerted when error rate is high not because of 1 crc error out of millions of packets.

HTH.

Plz rate if helpful.

Regards

Kyaw

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card