Views
Helpful
Replies

Wanna track CRC Error?

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I wanna track CRC Error..Understand I can use MIBs object? But any links to point me to the config? Or any advises on this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I am not sure CRC error is similar to packets errors.

You can use CiscoWorks LMS to send notification if line error rate is greater than certain %(1% is default).

I do not see any point to track the exact figure as it is ever growing if I remember correctly.

Ask you customer what will they do with the figures? Most important thing is to get alerted when error rate is high not because of 1 crc error out of millions of packets.

HTH.

Plz rate if helpful.

Regards

Kyaw

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rajivrajan1
Level 3
Level 3

If u can explain in detail, we can try something

Hi Rajiv,

Now the customer wants to track CRC Error of the interface..so I need to get update like one day, on this interface how many CRC Errors I got from INterface0/0,etc etc..

Can I able to track from a server software or how can I do it?

Thanks!

Hi

I am not sure CRC error is similar to packets errors.

You can use CiscoWorks LMS to send notification if line error rate is greater than certain %(1% is default).

I do not see any point to track the exact figure as it is ever growing if I remember correctly.

Ask you customer what will they do with the figures? Most important thing is to get alerted when error rate is high not because of 1 crc error out of millions of packets.

HTH.

Plz rate if helpful.

Regards

Kyaw

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card